You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘poetry NZ’ tag.
1. I’m very pleased to have an offering in the latest edition (the Glass Rooster issue) of six little things http://www.sixbrickspress.com/issue_14/page05.html – a wonderful website devoted to prose poems/ very nice paragraphs. I recommend having a browse.
2. I’m also very pleased to have another bird-related poem, Magpie, in the latest Poetry NZ. It’s an interesting issue of PNZ, perhaps a little more experimental and eclectic than usual. Jen Crawford is the feature poet. http://www.poetrynz.net/current-issue/
3. I’ve just got back from a fantastic 10 day holiday – we started in New Plymouth, having a wonderful time at WOMAD, then, over the next week, drove to Te Kuiti, Kawhia, Raglan, Whangarei, Cape Reinga, Spirits Bay, Kohukohu, Auckland and back to Wellies. Weather was fantastic, beaches & harbours were beautiful, New Zealand is a fine place.
4. One of the drawcards of this year’s WOMAD was alt folk group Rachel Unthank & the Winterset. http://www.rachelunthank.com/ Rachel & Becky Unthank are from the North-East of England (just like me, only they have the proper accents) and sing traditional songs with beautiful voices and interesting arrangements, backed by fine musicians & singers. Spellbinding.
5. Another drawcard was the chanting Gyuto monks – in exile from Tibet (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKzQavkLc1w – recording from WOMAD 2007).
6. Te Rerenga Wairua / Cape Reinga – northernmost point of NZ, where spirits jump off